The following is an excerpt from The Registered Nurses Act, 1988 which relates to the RN(NP).
24(3) Subject to any conditions or restrictions on the nurse's licence, a registered nurse who meets the requirements set out in the bylaws may, in accordance with the bylaws:
- order, perform, receive and interpret reports of screening and diagnostic tests that are designated in the bylaws;
- prescribe and dispense drugs in accordance with the bylaws;
- perform minor surgical and invasive procedures that are designated in the bylaws;
- diagnose and treat common medical disorders.
* Please note:
- Bylaw V-Registration, Section (2) and (3)
- Bylaw V.1-Continuing Competence
- Bylaw VI-Categories of Practice, Section 3
- Bylaw VII-Fees, Section 2
- Bylaw VIII-Examinations, Section 2
- Bylaw XIV-Code of Ethics of the Association, Section 1
- Bylaw XV-Standards, Competencies and Nursing Education Program Approval, Section 1