RNs and RN(NP)s are leaders in contributing to a healthy population.
The Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association (SRNA), established in 1917, is the profession-led regulatory body for the province’s Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Nurse-Nurse Practitioners [RN(NP)s]. The regulatory body is accountable for ensuring members are competent in providing the services that society has entrusted to them. Individual members are personally accountable for their professional nursing practice through adherence to the code of ethics, practice standards and maintaining competence.
The SRNA is also the association for RNs and RN(NP)s in the province; promoting the professional interest of its members in the public interest. This role includes working with our members and partners to influence healthy public policy and support quality practice environments. The association also implements strategies to support ongoing education of our 11,000 practicing members and promote evidence-based nursing.
To contribute to this mandate and advance quality, competent nursing care in Saskatchewan, the SRNA is seeking a:
Business Analyst Consulting Contractor
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Services and Business Analyst, the Business Analyst Consulting Contractor supports the strategic and operational priorities of the SRNA through fulfillment of the following responsibilities on a short-term contract assignment:
- Facilitation of workshops, mapping business process workflows and functional activities, in Visio 2016, preferably using Business Process Modeling & Notation (BPMN)
- Identification of data elements captured and retrieved by business processes
- Determination of primary/core streams (value stream mapping) vs support streams
- Knowledge and experience using IIBA BABOK/SDLC concepts
- Gathering of Business Process Management (BPM) statistics related to process performance to include, but not limited to:
- Quantities demanded/produced
- Activity Durations & Resource Allocation
- Error rates
- Turnaround cycle times (actual, required)
- Wait times
- Collaborate with the SRNA stakeholders, sponsors, subject matter experts and users to promote communication and information sharing
- Create and/or use the following business analysis diagramming/documentation techniques:
- Business Process Management (BPM) techniques (using BPMN preferred)
- Cross-functional (swimlane) flowcharts
- Data Dictionary
- Decision Tables/Trees/Business Rules
- State Machines
- Logic Flowcharts
- Data Schemas
- Use Cases
- Fishbone Diagrams
- Meeting management & organization skills using agendas, meeting notes, decisions, owners and action items
Candidates must have 10+ years proven business analyst experience, demonstrating:
- Substantive knowledge and proficiency in information and workflow analysis.
- Strong Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Strong needs and requirements identification and documentation skills, including the conducting of client needs/requirements/process identification interviews.
- Strong skills in the development of use cases, business process/decision models and user stories.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical knowledge experts and stakeholders.
Candidates must have the following competencies:
- Taking initiative, showing innovation and demonstrating strong problem solving skills.
- Expertise in organizing and writing analysis documentation and status reports.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Ability to communicate scope, status and issues with corporate executives and stakeholders.
- Respectful of confidentiality and of the other requirements inherent within the role of representing the SRNA.
- Ability to influence and build teamwork that fosters a collaborative and continually improving environment.
- In-depth knowledge about access and privacy principles and relevant legislation as they relate to regulatory organizations.
- Detail oriented, able to work independently on multiple time-sensitive projects.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to set priorities in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Candidates must have the following education, or equivalent:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with Computer Science/Information Technology
Open Positions: 1
Contract Duration: The hired candidates must be available for 1-2 months
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest and resume by midnight 12:00AM Sunday, February 5, 2017 to:
Cheryl Weselak, PCP
Coordinator, Human Resources & Events Management
Saskatchewan Registered Nurses' Association,
2066 Retallack Street, Regina, Saskatchewan S4T 7X5
1 800 667 9945 ext 224 or (306) 359-4224